The Federation of West Leigh and Backwell C of E Junior Schools:
Dear Parents and Carers,
The Governing Body has decided to explore the possibility of the Federation becoming an Academy. Whether we will be able to convert and the judgment of whether it would be in the interest of the schools will need to be determined before the decision, which has not been taken.
We would like to emphasise a few points:
1. We have decided to start the processes required to get the information on which the decision needs to be based.
2. The decision as to whether we wish to convert has not been made and will not be made until we have as much information as possible.
3. The information used to inform the decision will include consultation with staff, parents, unions and the Diocese (church).
4. We aim to keep everyone fully informed while avoiding inaccurate information so a communications team has been formed to try and achieve that.
5. This text and links to further information will appear on the Federation website soon. We also plan to provide the ability to ask and answer questions on the website.
Definition: An Academy is run as a non-profit charitable trust along the lines of a limited business with a board of accountable Directors. Income is received direct from central government, rather than through the local authority and the Academy is run independent of local authority control.
If you have any questions or comments about the schools consideration of the possibility of becoming a multi-academy trust, we would welcome contact via either of the schools by post or phone or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Communication Team of The Governing Board
21 April 2015
Click here for more information.