Backwell Junior School 1:1 LSA
1:1 Learning Support Assistant (JG3)
School: Backwell Juniors C of E Juniors
Hours: Part Time – 32.50 hours per week (8.30am – 12.30pm) – (1.00pm – 3.30pm) covering lunch times too.
Contract: Fixed Term, Term time only
Start: As soon as possible – 31st August 2022
Grade: JG3 SCP 5
Pay: £19,312 fte (£15,029 pro rata)
Backwell C of E Junior is seeking to appoint a 1:1 Learning Support Assistant (JG3) to support a Year 6 pupil 1:1 who has the following needs; predominantly cognition and learning with some SEMH needs. Learning needs are mainly around maths and spelling. There will also be times that you would work with small groups of children. This position is a part time, term time only, fixed term contract position until 31st August 2022. This contract will be reviewed pending funding.
We have a clear pedagogy and high expectations of all members of our school community. We seek to ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality and enable reflective practice and dialogue. It is a welcoming inclusive school with a strong Christian ethos. We are a 420 place Federation split over 2 sites with beautiful buildings set in lovely green surroundings. Both West Leigh Infant School and Backwell C of E Junior School are part of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership MAT.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about making a difference to all children.
- Have experience in working with children in a classroom setting and ideally have experience of working with children who have Social Emotional Mental Health needs.
- Be aspirational for every child and believe that every child can, and will, learn but might not have learnt something yet.
- Be flexible and able to adapt their practice to ensure effective learning.
- Have strong pupil management skills so that classes continue to learn in a calm and structured way.
- Be able to build strong and positive relationships with colleagues, children and parents.
- Be a reflective practitioner with a strong desire to learn and improve.
- Hold Level 2 qualifications as a minimum.
We can offer you:
- A fabulous working environment with children who really want to learn
- A friendly and successful school
- A growing school with a dedicated and hardworking staff
- Opportunities to work across the phases both within the Junior and Infant setting
- Excellent CPD opportunities
School visits are encouraged to take place after school. To arrange a visit please contact the School Office on 01275 462632.
Please apply for the position using the Lighthouse Schools Partnership Application Form. Using the following link. Federation of West Leigh Infant School and Backwell C of E Junior School - Federation Vacancies (backwellfederation.co.uk)
Further details are available from the School Office on 01275 462632 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org where completed electronic applications should be returned.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Friday 14th January 2022
Interview date: Friday 21st January 2022
This post will commence: As soon as possible
The Federation of West Leigh Infant School and Backwell C of E Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all in our community to share this commitment. Any appointment will be subject to full enhanced DBS checks (including Barred List Information) and satisfactory references.