Meadowside Preschool @ WLI
Meadowside Nursery and Pre-school
West Leigh Infant School, Westfield Drive, Backwell BS48 3NG
Telephone: 07933 711909
Meadowside is a friendly Preschool in the heart of the community offering places for children aged 2 to 8 years. We are open from 7.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday term-time only.
The Preschool is on the West Leigh Infant Primary School site in Backwell, North Somerset and has its own outdoor space and direct access to the school playing fields. This gives children ample opportunities to explore and learn, through a Play-based, Child Led curriculum which focuses upon being outdoors.
The children follow the Early Years Foundation Stage, which is delivered through the medium of play. We will help the children to gain an understanding of their world and what they are able to do. Whilst playing, they can discover how strong they are, how fast they can move, how to coordinate their movements, how to develop their imagination and how loud or quiet they can be!
Our Aims and Values
● To provide high quality care and education for all children.
● To develop a child’s creativity, individuality and self-confidence through play.
● To work within the statutory Early Years Foundation Stage and Welfare Requirements which are available on request.
● To prepare children for transition from Pre-school to Reception class.
● To work in partnership with parents, carers, head teachers, governors, staff and pupils at local schools.
● To carry out activities that benefit and contribute to the life and well-being of our local community.
Transfer to School for working Parents and Carers
Your child’s first term at West Leigh infant school will be part-time during the first few weeks. They will attend reception class in the morning or the afternoon. In support of working parents, carers and children, Meadowside offer a “Transfer to West Leigh School” service between 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. during Autumn Term 1.
The best way to really understand our setting and whether we are right for your child and you as a family is to come and visit us. We will be happy to show you around and answer any questions you may have. This will give you the opportunity to see other children playing, learning and socialising with us and we can talk you through the questions that you will naturally have.
To find out more, arrange a visit or book a place please call telephone: 07933 711909 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org