West Leigh 1:1 LSA
Learning Support Assistant 1:1
School: West Leigh Infant School
Hours: Full Time - 21 hours per week (Monday – Wednesday)
Contract: Fixed Term for 1 year pending a staffing review or earlier if pupil leaves school
Start: 1st September 2021 – 31st August 2022
Grade: JG3 SCP 5 - 6
Pay: £19,312 - £19,698 fte [£9,501 - £9,691)
West Leigh Infants has a new vacancy for a part time 1:1 Learning Support Assistant (term time only) to start 1st September 2021. The position will involve supporting the medical and academic needs of a pupil with additional needs. For further information please contact the Headteacher – Nick Webster. The position is a part time, term time only and fixed term contract and will be initially for one year or if the pupils leaves before, whichever is sooner. This contract will be reviewed annually.
We have a clear pedagogy and high expectations of all members of our school community. We seek to ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality and enable reflective practice and dialogue. It is a welcoming inclusive school. We are a 420 place Federation split over 2 sites with beautiful buildings set in lovely green surroundings. Both West Leigh Infant School and Backwell C of E Junior School are part of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership MAT.
The successful candidate will have:
- knowledge and understanding of the needs of children with additional needs
- ability to prepare resources and adapt Teachers' planning to meet the needs of the child
- high energy, enthusiasm and a "can do" attitude
- a patient and a calm nature
- resilience and the ability to problem-solve
- creativity, initiative and the ability to motivate
- a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the jo
- a practical knowledge of Makaton (training will be given)
- ICT skills
- Hold Level 2 qualifications as a minimum.
We can offer you:
• A fabulous working environment with children who really want to learn
• A friendly and successful school
• A growing school with a dedicated and hard working staff
• Opportunities to work across the phases both within the Junior and Infant setting
• Excellent CPD opportunities
The Federation of West Leigh Infant School and Backwell C of E Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all in our community to share this commitment. Any appointment will be subject to full enhanced DBS checks (including Barred List Information) and satisfactory references.
School visits are encouraged to take place after school. To arrange a visit please contact the School Office on 01275 463274.
Please apply for the position using the Lighthouse Schools Partnership Application Form. Further details are available from the School Website Federation of West Leigh Infant School and Backwell C of E Junior School - Federation Vacancies (backwellfederation.co.uk) or School Office on 01275 463274.
Please return completed electronic applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Monday 5th July 2021
Interview date: Friday 9th July 2021
This post will commence: 1st September 2021