West Leigh Infant School - LSA 1:1 (Reception Class)
Learning Support Assistant 1:1 - (Reception Class)
School: West Leigh Infant School
Hours: Part Time – 32.50 hours per week
Monday – Friday 8.30am – 12.30pm, 1pm – 3.30pm
Contract: Fixed Term to 31st August 2023 pending a staffing review or earlier if pupil leaves school. Term time only with 5 Inset days.
Start: 1st September 2022
Grade: JG3 SCP 5
Pay: £19,650 fte (pro rata £15,094)
West Leigh Infants has a new vacancy for a part-time 1:1 Learning Support Assistant (term time only) to start 1st September 2022. The position will involve supporting the medical and academic needs of a reception pupil with additional needs. For further information please contact the Headteacher – Nick Webster. The position is a part-time, term time only and fixed term contract and will be initially for one year or if the pupils leaves before, whichever is sooner. This contract will be reviewed annually.
We have a clear pedagogy and high expectations of all members of our school community. We seek to ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality and enable reflective practice and dialogue. It is a welcoming inclusive school. We are a 420 place Federation split over 2 sites with beautiful buildings set in lovely green surroundings. Both West Leigh Infant School and Backwell C of E Junior School are part of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership MAT.
The successful candidate will have:
• knowledge and understanding of the needs of children with additional needs
• ability to prepare resources and adapt Teachers' planning to meet the needs of the child
• high energy, enthusiasm and a "can do" attitude
• a patient and a calm nature
• resilience and the ability to problem-solve
• creativity, initiative and the ability to motivate
• a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the job, including supporting personal care
• a knowledge of Makaton (training will be given)
- Hold Level 2 qualifications as a minimum.
We can offer you:
• A fabulous working environment with children who really want to learn
• A friendly and successful school
• A growing school with a dedicated and hard-working staff
• Opportunities to work across the phases both within the Junior and Infant setting
• Excellent CPD opportunities
The Federation of West Leigh Infant School and Backwell C of E Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and all relevant pre-employment checks.
Visits are strongly encouraged: Please contact our school office to arrange an after school visit on 01275 463274.
Application forms should be accompanied by a full letter of application and sent to the school office by post or email the School Business Manager – email@example.com
Closing Date: Noon on Tuesday 21st June 2022
Interview Date: Thursday 23rd June 2022